Dyscalculia: News from the web:
Great article emphasizing how important it is that teachers spend some time about why of a process or operation before moving on to the how. It is the debate about the chicken and the egg. It is easier to explain the why so the students can better work the how or is getting fluent in the operation a help in understanding the why of it all.
It is one of Dr. Schreuder’s golden rules to not drill something that is not yet conceptually understood.
Read all about it: HERE
- Visit us at http://DyscalculiaHeadlines.com
- A service from Math and https://DyscalculiaServices.com
- Trouble with Math? https://DyscalculiaTesting.com
- Dyscalculia Screener https://DyscalculiaScreener.org
- Adult Dyscalculia https://AdultDyscalculia.org
- Become a Dyscalculia Tutor. http://DyscalculiaTutorTraining.org