Dyscalculia: News from the web:
See the challenges from a nurse in education who wonders where she will be once she goes and starts working:
I am now a second-year nursing student, and my diagnosis causes me to struggle with nursing. My weak points are anatomy, physiology and drug calculation. It’s a struggle, but it does not deter my determination. I ensure that I use more time to plan ahead and more study time. Consistency is the key for me.
Here is the other thing. Though I struggle, I received 90% in anatomy and physiology, and I consistently scored 100% in my final drug calculation exam. I just need more time than an average person.
The big question is, what support exists for neurodivergent nurses in healthcare? I am anxious about it. Will I be given permission or help during the drug round, as the university gives me time to do my exam? Can I bring my software and install it on work computers? Will my other colleagues be in oblivion like I was when I heard about learning disabilities? Though these questions boggle my mind, I am just focusing on the plan to graduate for now.
- Visit us at http://DyscalculiaHeadlines.com
- A service from Math and https://DyscalculiaServices.com
- Help you child with math homework https://MomsTeachMath.com
- Trouble with Math? https://DyscalculiaTesting.com
- Dyscalculia Screener https://DyscalculiaScreener.org
- Adult Dyscalculia https://AdultDyscalculia.org
- Become a Dyscalculia Tutor. http://DyscalculiaTutorTraining.org