Dyscalculia: News from the web:
In our modern, digital society, difficulties with numbers and arithmetic can have profoundly negative consequences on educational outcomes, career prospects and overall quality of life.
This brief arises from Science of Learning fellowships, funded by UNESCO International Bureau of Education (IBE) and the International Brain Research Organization (IBRO). The IBE-UNESCO/IBRO Science of Learning Fellowships aim to support and translate key neuroscience research on learning and the brain to educators, policymakers, and governments.
- In the 21st century, lack of adequate numeracy skills can have profound negative consequences for educational success, career prospects and overall quality of life;
- Developmental Dyscalculia (DD) is a brain-based condition that leads to low numeracy skills in the context of otherwise normal intelligence and educational opportunities;
- Because of its documented brain basis, efforts towards developing effective ways to remediate DD can benefit from neuroscience findings.
- The branch of neuroscience devoted to shedding light on the development of brain processes supporting typical (and atypical) learning, shows that DD can be the result of dysfunctions in multiple brain systems for math knowledge;
- Training programs designed to ‘stimulate’ multiple aspects of math knowledge acquisition and the brain systems subserving it may, therefore, yield the best outcomes to effectively remediate math deficits in children with DD.
Read all about it: HERE
Visit us at http://DyscalculiaHeadlines.com
A service from Math and https://DyscalculiaServices.com
Trouble with Math? https://DyscalculiaTesting.com Online
Become a Dyscalculia Tutor. http://DyscalculiaTutor.org